My name is Kristen Jernigan, I am a Colorado LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) who has been approved by the Colorado LMFT Board to provide clinical supervision to LMFT-Candidates. I have over 15 years of experience working in roles ranging from Clinician to Assistant Chief Operations Officer at a large Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Because of my extensive training and experience working with couples and families the CO LMFT Board has approved me as a non-MFT Supervisor and I have successfully (supervised to licensure) several LMFTs.
My clinical and supervisory experience include:
- Trained Multisystemic Therapist (note: MST is an evidence-based model for in home and community based treatment of multisystem involved youth and their families. The model pulls heavily from structural, behavioral, and solution focused theories).
- Trained Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Supervisor.
- School based clinician providing primarily play therapy in an elementary school.
- EMDR Level I training.
- Thought Field Therapy (tapping) trained.
- Trauma Focused CBT trained.
- Training in Functional Family Therapy (note: FFT is an evidence-based model for in home and community based treatment of multisystem involved youth and their families. The model places heavy significance on the role of family culture in treatment and pulls from structural and narrative theories).
- 4 years of experience working in residential treatment environments with both youth and adults.
- Court Testimony.
- Experience working in residential treatment and outpatient settings with juvenile and adult sexual offenders.
- Extensive experience working with clients of all ages who have experienced trauma.
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer.
- Program Director at a large CMHC overseeing all Child and Family Services including outpatient, in-home, community-based, jail-based, school-based, and substance abuse teams.
- Assistant Chief Operations Officer at large CMHC overseeing Child and Family Services.
- Completion of the National Council for Behavioral Health Middle Management Academy.
- Served as Clinical Supervision Specialist supervising clinicians from outpatient, in-home, school based, residential, day treatment, early childhood, and jail based teams at a large CMHC. Clinicians were candidates for LPC and LMFT licenses.
- Full resume and vitae available upon request.
Because of my unique experience as both a clinician and a member of middle and upper management, I am able to provide clinical supervision and career mentorship to each clinician I work with.